By staff reports
Arizona Daily Wildcat
April 18, 1997
U of A Today
- The Library offers a free workshop on how to create your own homepage in the Science and Engineering Library Room 311 from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Libertarian Students discuss the Second Amendment on the UA Mall stage at noon. Discussions include: the genocide argument supporting the Second Amendment, a constitutional look at gun banning and the real connection between guns and crime.
- The Arizona State Museum hosts a reception for archaeologists Jefferson Reid, professor of anthropology and former director of the UA Archaeological Field School, and Stephanie Whittlesey, senior investigator for Statistical Research, who have examined the prehistory of Arizona. Reception from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. in the Museum's North building.
- The Department of Physics presents Neta A. Bahcall, of Princeton University, to speak on "Cosmology of Astrophysical Sciences," in the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences Room 201 at 3:30 p.m. Refreshments are served at 3:15 in room 218.
- The University Activities Board is hosting Comedy Corner in the Memorial Student Union's Cellar at noon today. The show consists of original sketches as well as stand up and improv comedy.
- The UA softball team plays the University of Los Angles at 6 p.m. today and Cal State-Northridge University tomorrow at 6 p.m. at Hillenbrand Stadium.
- The UA baseball team plays the University of Southern California at 7 p.m. today, tomorrow and Sunday at Frank Sancet Field.
- The men's tennis team plays the Arizona State University at 1 p.m. tomorrow at the Robson Tennis Center.
- The Memorial Student Union's Gallagher Theatre is showing "Beverly Hills Cop" at midnight. Admission is $2.50.
- The Arizona Film Festival is showing films at various times Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Call Gallagher for times. Admission is $5.00.
Fact of the Day
Of Americans polled, 57 percent favored allowing women in military combat jobs while 41 percent were against women serving in combat jobs.
Source USA Today March 10, 1997