By Staff Reports
Arizona Daily Wildcat
January 27, 1997
U of A - Today
- The Center for Computing and Information Technology offers a free workshop on how to use Pine e- mail in the Center for Computing and Information Technology Room 311 from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
The workshop will show participants how to access and use Pine e-mail from computer systems inside and outside the UA. Topics include sending, replying to and creating folders to organize e-mail messages. An account on the UA e-mail system is required prior to the class.
- The Library offers a workshop on listervs in the Science and Engineering Library Room 311 from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m.
The workshop includes how to identify listerv discussion lists, subscribe to the list of your choice and send and reply to messages on the list. A UA e-mail account is required to participate in the workshop.
- Steward Observatory Public Evenings presents Chris Walker, assistant professor of astronomy, to speak on "Astronomy at the South Pole," in the Steward Observatory Auditorium at 7:30 p.m.
After the hour-long lecture there is a question and answer period. If the weather permits, those in attendance are invited to view the night sky through the telescope at Steward Observatory's campus station, aided by members of the UA Astronomy Club.
- Atmospheric Sciences and the Institute for the Study of Planet Earth present James Fleming, of Colby College, to speak on "Global Changes: History, Climate and Culture," at 3:15 p.m. in the Center for Creative Photography Auditorium.
The lecture will discuss historical perspectives on climate and climate changes from the Enlightenment to the late-20th century as well as studying the past to help understand the future.
- The Arava Institute for Environmental Studies is hosting a presentation on "Peace, the Environment and the Middle East," at 4 p.m. in the Family and Consumer Resources Building, Room 202.
- Students for a Free Tibet are showing the video "Satya-A Prayer For the Enemy" at 5 p.m. in the Memorial Student Union's Cactus Lounge, Room 284.
- The Memorial Students Union's Gallagher Theatre is showing "The Long Kiss Goodnight" at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Admission is $2.50.