Arizona Daily Wildcat April 15, 1998
Today on Campus
- Are you what you eat? Discover "Body Composition in the 21st
Century" with Steven Heymsfield, professor of medicine at Columbia
University. Heymsfield will share his findings with you from 3:30 to 5
this afternoon in the Arizona Health Sciences Center's Duval Auditorium.
- Spring is in full bloom, so start "Planting the Spring and
Summer Flower Garden." Demonstrations to help you design your
own garden last about an hour and will begin at 9 this morning at the Extension
Garden Center, located at 4210 N. Campbell Ave.
- Artwork of staff and appointed professionals well be the featured exhibits
of today's Awards for Excellence Celebration - Art Exhibition. Travel
through the Union Gallery on the first floor of the Memorial Student Union
between 10 this morning and 4 this afternoon to check out the art. This
event is in conjunction with the Awards for Excellence Ceremony.
- Do you have any questions about "Sexual Dysfunction"?
If you do, you don't want to miss Taylor Seagraves, chairman of Cleveland's
Metro Health Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, when he addresses
this topic from 4 to 5:30 this evening. Seagraves will provide mental health
professionals with updates on a variety of psychiatric topics pertinent
to their practice. The seminar will be held in Room 5403 of the Arizona
Health Sciences Center.
- Join "The Pursuit of New Physics with Colliding Beams at Fermilab"
under the direction of UA's Ken Johns. This colloquium will be held in
Room 201 of the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Darryl Bornhop of Texas Tech University will talk you through "Capillaries,
Chelates and Endoscopes: Techniques and Tools for Analytical, Bioanalytical
and Biomedical Investigations." Join Bornhop in Room 216 of the
Chemistry and Biology Sciences building this afternoon at 4.
- compiled by Kate Longworth