A UA student and his friend were arrested Saturday morning after university police found a green leafy substance in the student's dorm room, police reports stated.
Daniel Fritz, 18, of Cochise Residence Hall, 1018 E. Campus Drive, and Conor Garmon, 19, were in Fritz's room when police responded at about 2:24 a.m. to a report of possible marijuana smoke coming from the room, reports stated.
After knocking on the door and entering Fritz's room, an officer said he smelled burning marijuana in the room, reports stated.
According to reports, police noticed a small pile of a green leafy substance on a table in the room, reports stated.
Both men denied owning the substance and having smoked it, reports stated.
After police read the men their rights, both admitted to smoking the substance, reports stated.
Police asked if either Fritz or his friend had any more of the material, and Fritz went to his desk and removed a smoking device, reports stated.
Fritz said it was all that he had, reports stated.
According to reports, Fritz consented to a search of the room, and officers found another baggie of the green leafy substance behind a refrigerator and another smoking device, reports stated.
Both men were cited on suspicion of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia and were released, reports stated.
A UA student was arrested Friday evening after police responded to a report of possible marijuana smoke at a residence hall, reports stated.
Shane Harding, 19, of Palm Shadows Apartments, 1802 E. Helen St., was in his room with another man when police knocked on his door at about 10 p.m.
According to reports, the two officers at the scene said they smelled marijuana smoke, and one officer said he saw Harding hand something to the other man when the other officer knocked on the door.
The man then ran to another room in the house, reports stated.
One officer drew his gun when the other officer entered Harding's room, reports stated.
Police ordered Harding to sit down and the officer with his firearm drawn asked the other man to come out from the room with his hands visible, reports stated.
Both men cooperated, and Harding consented to a search of his room, reports stated.
Police found a plastic bucket with a baggie of a green leafy substance inside, reports stated.
Harding admitted that the substance belonged to him, reports stated.
Harding was transported to UAPD, cited on suspicion of possession of marijuana and released, reports stated.
Police arrested a man with two outstanding warrants early Sunday morning after they spotted him attempting to urinate on a UA building.
Jackie E. Mundell, 23, of the 1500 block of West Ruth Street, was at East Sixth Street and North Park Avenue at about 12:30 a.m. when a police officer saw him standing next to a building possibly urinating, reports stated.
As the officer approached Mundell, he zipped up his pants and began to walk away, reports stated.
When the officer caught up to the man, Mundell said he was about to urinate, but stopped when he saw the officer, reports stated.
According to reports, the officer said he saw no sign of urine on the building, reports stated.
The officer ran a check on Mundell's identification and found two outstanding warrants, reports stated.
Mundell was cited on suspicion of fireworks prohibition and suspicion of failure to exhibit driver license and supplying false information to a police officer, reports stated.
Mundell was booked into Pima County Jail, reports stated.
Police also verbally warned Mundell against urinating in public, reports stated.
Police responded Friday morning to a report of a burning bulletin board near a residence hall.
The bulletin board was on fire southeast of Yuma Residence Hall, 1107 E. North Campus Drive, at about 1:30 a.m. when police arrived, reports stated.
An officer put the fire out with an extinguisher from his patrol car, reports stated.
When the Tucson Fire Department arrived, a firefighter sprayed water on the board and pulled three cork panels off to make sure it was done burning, reports stated.
The cause of the fire is unknown, but police are treating the case as arson.