By staff reports
Arizona Daily Wildcat
April 16, 1997
U of A Today
- Career Services is offering a free workshop on resume writing from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Students are required to check in at the Career Services reception desk in the lower level of Old Main.
- The American Red Cross will be on the UA Mall collecting blood donations from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- The Poetry Center presents C.K. Williams, of Princeton University, to read various excerpts from his nine collections of poetry in the Modern Languages Auditorium at 8 p.m. An informal reception follows the reading.
- The Building Academic Community Speaker Series presents Travis Hirschi, regents professor in the sociology department, to speak on "Crime Control Policy" in the Memorial Student Union's Gallagher Theatre at 12:15 p. m.
- The Math Department presents Larry Shepp, of Rutgers University, ATT, and Bell Labs, to speak on "Problems in Applied Mathematics" at 3 p.m. in the Math building Room 501.
- The Anthropology Department presents Stephen H. Lekson, of the University of Colorado, to speak on "Chaco, Aztec and Paquime: Shifting Centers in the Ancient Southwest" in the Anthropology building Room 216 at 4 p.m.
- The Physics and Atmospheric Sciences departments present Neta A. Bahcall, of Princeton University, to speak on "Cosmology with Clusters of Galaxies," in the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building Room 201 at 4 p.m.
Fact of the Day
In 1976, Wilbur the Wildcat changed his cartoon-like face mask and simple brown body suit for a 15-pound realistic plastic head, valued at $500, topped by a western-style hat. Also, Wilbur's human identity was no longer kept a guarded secret.
Source: A Photographic History of the UofA