By Staff Reports
Arizona Daily Wildcat
January 22, 1997
U of A - Today
- The library offers a free workshop on how to create your own homepage in the Science and Engineering Library, Room 311 from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
The workshop explains how to use Hypertext Mark Up Language to create a World Wide Web homepage. Participants should have a familiarity with the Windows environment.
The library is also offers a workshop on how to use QuickSearch in SEL Room 311 from noon until 1:30 p.m.
QuickSearch is a do-it-yourself computer retrieval system accessing millions of references in more than 400 subjects databases. The purpose of the service is to allow UA students and faculty the opportunity to do their own computer literature search for free.
Finally, the library offers a free workshop on how to use the library's information system, Sabio in the SEL Room 311 from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m.
- Career Services offers a free workshop on interviewing skills in the Memorial Student Union Room 281 from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m.
The workshop will include how to answer interview questions in one- on- one and panel settings. It will also cover the dos and don'ts when interviewing for a job.
- The English Department is hosting a roundtable by and for the students about "Speaking About Writing, Teachers as Writers," in the Modern Languages building , Room 310 from 2 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Panelists will read from their work and discuss the connections they see among their writing, teaching and research.
- The College of Agriculture and Pima County host "Pruning and Training Fruit Trees" at 9 a.m. at the Extension Garden Center 4210 N. Campbell Ave. The demonstration will last one hour, ending with a question and identification session.
- The Physics Department presents Gerald Smith, of Pennsylvania State University, to speak on "Antimatter: Physics and Future Applications" in the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences Building Room 201 at 4 p.m. Refreshments will be served at 3:30 p.m. in room 218.
- The Memorial Student Union's Gallagher Theatre is showing "Sleepers" at 7:30 p.m. and 10:20 p.m. Admission is $2.50.