Arizona Daily Wildcat October 10, 1997
Today on Campus
- Explore the night life in L.A. with the movie "Swingers"
at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. at Gallagher Theatre for just $2.50.
- Does someone you know suffer from Alzheimer's or Parkinson's Disease?
Find out more about these diseases at "The European Approach to
Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease" discussion. Giancarlo Pepeu,
a professor at the University of Florence in Florence, Italy, will present
this lesson at 8 a.m. in the Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 5403.
- At 11 a.m., the School of Music and Dance will present a Voice Area
Recital in the Holsclaw Recital Hall of the Fine Arts Complex.
- "What is Agency?" Mustafa Emirbayer of the New School
of Social Research will answer this from 12 to 1:15 p.m. in Social Sciences,
- Samson E. Sanders will discuss "Social Class Reproduction:
A Case Study at a Large Public University" at 3 p.m. in Room 311
of the Education building.
- Have you heard all the talks of city incorporation? Understand it better
as two nationally known scholars David Lowery, the Burton Craige professor
of political science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
and Roger Parks, the professor of public and environmental affairs at Indiana
University, discuss the pros and cons of city incorporation. They will
present "What do we know About the Costs and Benefits of City Incorporation?"
from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Berger Auditorium of McClelland Hall.
- compiled by Kate Longworth