Arizona Daily Wildcat
Monday February 24, 2003
· The first non-human to win an Oscar was Mickey Mouse.
· A can of SPAM is opened every four seconds.
· The McDonald's at Toronto's Sky Dome is the only McDonald's location that sells hot dogs.
· An ostrich egg would take four hours to hard boil.
· Ernest Wright wrote a novel with 50,000 words, none of which contained the letter "e."
· A donkey will sink in quicksand, while a mule will not.
· The average speed of Heinz ketchup leaving the bottle is 25 miles per year.
· In an average day, a four-year-old child will ask 437 questions.
· Teapots injure more than 4,000 people every year.
· The short phrases of organ music played at a baseball game are called "tuckets."
· Every year, the moon moves half an inch further from earth.
· In 1977, George Willig was fined $1.10 for climbing the World Trade Center building.
· There are only 18 countries richer than Bill Gates.
· In 50 million years, it is likely that Mars will have a ring around it.
· A deltiologist is someone who collects postcards.
· Despite a population of more than one billion, China has only about 200 family names.
· In 1892, Italy raised the minimum age of marriage for girls to 12.
· In downtown Lima, Peru, there is a large brass statue dedicated to Winnie-the-Pooh.