By Lindsay Walker
Photo courtesy of Columbia Records
Pete Yorn's new CD, Day I Forgot , comes out on Tuesday. Yorn wrote the score for the film, "Me, Myself and Irene."
Arizona Daily Wildcat
Thursday April 10, 2003
· 808 State Outpost Transmission (Shadow)
· Jessica Andrews Now (DreamWorks Nashville)
· Stanley Clarke One, Two to the Bass (Epic)
· Kelly Clarkson Thankful (RCA)
· Cobra Verde Easy Listening (MuscleTone)
· Edwyn Collins Doctor Syntax (Instinct)
· Ravi Coltrane Mad 6 (Eighty-Eights/Columbia)
· The Cramps Fiends of Dope Island (Vengeance)
· The Dudoos Specium Sommer (Sound Pollution)
· E. Town Concrete The Renaissance (Razor & Tie)
· The Effection Soundtrack to a Moment (Adeline)
· Ennis Sisters It's Not About You (Rounder)
· Fleetwood Mac Say You Will (Reprise)
· Bill Frisell The Intercontinentals (Nonesuch)
· Gravy Train Hello Doctor (Kill Rock Stars)
· David Knapp Global Groove: House 2 (Centaur)
· Pete Yorn Day I Forgot (Columbia)
· "Antibody" (Anti)
· "Big Shot's Funeral" (Columbia)
· "Castle in the Sky" (Buena Vista)
· "Cube 2: Hypercube" (Lions Gate)
· "Drumline" (Fox)
· "Evelyn" (First Look)
· "Hysterical Blindness" (Karuna)
· "Invincible" (Icon)
· "Obstacles" (Zenga)
· "Rabbit-Proof Fence" (Hanway)
· "Spirited Away" (Dentsu)
· "The Transporter" (Fox)
· "Anger Management" (Columbia)
· "House of 1,000 Corpses" (Lions Gate)
· "Better Luck Tomorrow" (MTV)
· "Stevie" (Lions Gate)
· "Ghosts of the Abyss" (Buena Vista)
· "Marion Bridge" (ABC)
· "XX/XY" (IFC)
· "Lilya 4-Ever" (Newmarket)
Every Friday in April you have an opportunity to witness "Cannibal! The Musical" at midnight. You'll just eat up this 105-minute movie from the creators of "South Park." The special event will be held at the Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd. The cost is $5. For more info, call 795-0844.
Friday and Saturday only come see "Citizen Toxie: Toxic Avenger IV" at the Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd. Cost is $5. For details, call 795-0844.
Devil Doll will be singing her combo of jazz and rock on Friday night at 9. Also starring Rumble King and Last Call Brawlers, this concert will be held at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. The cost is $6. For more information, call 622-8848.
The Joe Craven Trio will be performing Friday night at 8 at the Cushing Street Bar and Restaurant, 198 W. Cushing St. Craven will also be giving a workshop for those who want to learn his secrets about the fiddle, mandolin and percussion. Cost is $18 at the door and $15 in advance. For more information, call 297-9133.
Tongue Dried Sun can be heard on Friday night at 7. For only $6, hear the songs from their fourth release "Changed Forever," plus the alternative-rock sounds of Troy's Bucket, Average Monkey and Dolemite Jones. The concert will be held at North on Fourth, 536 N. Fourth Ave.
Check out the sounds of the Youngblood Brass Band on Friday at 9:30 p.m. The Wisconsin band will perform at Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. For details, call 798-1298.
Chango Malo, Rockers West, Cool 7 and Bandye will be playing on Saturday night at 9. Bring $3 to Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. and hear their unique sounds. For details, call 275-4193.
Yuri's Night 03 will be at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St., on Saturday night. The World Space Party opens at 9 p.m. The cost is $3. For info, call 622-8848.
If you dig traditional country music, saddle up and come out to hear De Lon on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. This event will be held at the TCC, 260 S. Church Ave. The cost is $7 for adults, $3.50 for seniors and free for kids 11 and under. For details, call 795-3025.
Check out the Music as a Weapon Tour on Saturday at 6 p.m. at the Pima County Fairgrounds, 11300 S. Houghton Rd. Many groups, including Disturbed, Chevelle, Taproot and Unloco, will be performing, and you can catch them all for $29.50. To buy tickets, go to any Zia Record Exchange outlet. For more info, call 762-9100.
Joey DeFrancesco will be performing Sunday evening at 6 at St. Philip's Plaza, 4380 N. Campbell. This jazz organist will also be playing the trumpet and piano. The cost is $7 for students and $16 for the public. For details, call 903-1265.
Michael Gira's Angels of Light will be playing Sunday at 9 p.m. Devendra Barnhart opens at this concert held at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. For details, call 622-8848.
The Kills will be at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St., on Wednesday at 9 p.m. Art-punk group The Ex-Models opens. The cost is $7. For details, call 622-8848.
Something to say? Discuss this on WildChat