By Lindsay Walker
PHOTO COURTESY OF INTERSCOPE
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are set to make good on critics' high expectations with their first album, "Fever to Tell."
Arizona Daily Wildcat
Thursday April 24, 2003
· Trey Anastasio Plasma (Elektra)
· Bone Crusher Attenshun! (Arista)
· Bottom of the Hudson The Omaha Record (Kosher)
· Reggie C. C-Note (Liquid 8)
· Howie Day Madrigals (Epic)
· Doubledrive Blue in the Face (Roadrunner)
· Richard Elliot Ricochet (GRP)
· Elliott Song in the Air (Revelation)
· Fear Cult Visionary Complex (Cleopatra)
· The Influents Some of the Young (Adeline)
· Cledus T. Judd Six Pack of Judd (Monument)
· Suzy K. Circle (Vellum/Lightyear)
· Katatonia Viva Emptiness (Peaceville)
· Eric Leeds Now & Again (Liquid 8)
· Lil' Mo Meet the Girl Next Door (EastWest)
· Todd Londagin Introducing (AO!)
· Lynch Mob Revolution (Cleopatra)
· Morgan Heritage Three in One (VP)
· Mr. Cheeks Back Again! (Universal)
· Yeah Yeah Yeahs Fever to Tell (Interscope)
· "100 Women" (Dream)
· "Biggie and Tupac" (Lions Gate)
· "Lockdown" (Palm)
· "The Journeyman" (Dram)
· "Treasure Planet" (Disney)
· "Two Weeks Notice" (Castle Rock)
· "Identity" (Columbia)
· "It Runs in the Family" (MGM)
· "Confidence" (Lions Gate)
· "The Real Cancun" (New Line)
· "City of Ghosts" (United)
· "People I Know" (Miramax)
· "House of Fools" (Paramount)
· "A Decade Under the Influence" (IFC)
Check out the Grammy award-winning sound of Bone Thugs 'n' Harmony tonight at 8 at the Pima County Fairgrounds, 11300 S. Houghton Rd. You can also hear groups Blaze Ya Dead Homie, Mo Thugs, Esham the Boogie Man and Mr. Servon. The cost is $9.83, and tickets can be purchased at any Zia Record Exchange. For details, call 887-6898.
George Thorogood and the Destroyers play tonight at 8. Come to the show at City Limits, 6350 E. Tanque Verde Rd, and hear Joe Bonamassa open. Tickets cost $23 in advance and $25 at the door. For more info, call 327-3340.
If you dig the sound of the tabla and sitar, check out Todd Hammes and Pete Fine playing "Music of India" on Friday night from 7 until 9. The performance will be held at Bookman's, 6230 E. Speedway Blvd. For details about this free concert, call Colin Waite at 748-9555.
The Boss Martians invade Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St, on Friday night at 9. This punk rock group will be preceded by Camp Courageous. The cost is $6. For more information, call 622-8848.
Sepultura and Voivod perform Friday at 8 p.m. at the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. The cost is $22. For tickets and details, call 798-3333.
Jazz and rock singer David Tieman will be at Bookman's, 1930 E. Grant Rd, on Saturday. The concert will begin at 8 p.m., and there is no cost. Call Chris Stead at 325-5767 for more info.
Jennifer Spector will be strummin' and singin' her folk music on Saturday from 3 p.m. 'till 4:30 p.m. This jam session will happen at Bookman's, 1930 E. Grant Rd. The concert is free. For info, call Chris Stead at 325-5767.
If you like country music, call on The Last Call Girls this Saturday night at 8. The new band will perform at The Cushing Street Cafe and Bar, 198 W. Cushing St. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door; they can be purchased at Antigone Books, CD City or www.dotucson.com. For more details, call 297-9133.
Craig Walsh performs on Sunday night at 7:30. The electro-acoustic sound will be resounding in Crowder Hall of the Music building. For details about this free concert, call 621-2998.
If you've never heard the melodies of rural Appalachia and would like to gain some experience, come hear the Privy Tippers on Sunday afternoon from 2 until 4. This free concert will be held at Bookman's, 3733 W. Ina Rd. For details, call Colin Waite at 579-0303.
Stephen Malkmus plays Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St, on Wednesday. Golden Bay opens at 9 p.m., and the concert costs $12. For details, call 622-8848.
Something to say? Discuss this on WildChat