By Lindsay Walker
Photo courtesy of Priority Records
Snoop Dogg's album Paid tha Cost to Be Da Boss will be released this week.
Arizona Daily Wildcat
Thursday November 21, 2002
· "Die Another Day" (United)
· "Friday After Next" (New Line)
· "The Emperor's Club" (Universal)
· "Talk to Her" (Sony)
· "The Quiet American" (Miramax)
· "Personal Velocity:
· Three Portraits" (United)
· "Ice Age" (Fox)
· "Men in Black II" (Columbia)
· "Undisputed" (Miramax)
· Busta Rhymes More ... (J Records)
· Jeff Caudill The Wayback (CI)
· Dru Hill Dru World Order (Def Jam)
· Erase the Grey 27 Days (Universal)
· The Halogens The Resolution (Simba)
· Richie Hawtin & Sven Vath The Sound of the Third ... (novamute)
· Hope and Suicide Razorblade Smile (Ides of March)
· Whitney Houston Just Whitney (Arista)
· Syleena Johnson Chapter 2: The Voice (Jive)
· K-Ci & JoJo Emotional (MCA)
· KhaledYa Taleb (Mondo Melodia)
· Loveliescrushing Voirshn (Projekt)
· Paul McCartney Back in the U.S. (MPL/Capitol)
· Tim McGraw And the Dancehall Doctors (Curb)
· Monica All Eyez on Me (J)
· Primal Scream Evil Heat (Epic)
· Radio Vago Black & White Photo ... (Buddyhead)
· Raised Fist Dedication (Burning Heart)
· The Roots Phrenology(MCA)
· Royce da 5' 9" Rock City (Game/Koch)
· S Club Don't Stop Movin' (Universal)
· Scissorfight Potential New Agent ... (Tortuga)
· Snoop Dogg Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss (Priority)
· Sum 41 Does This Look Infected? (Island)
Check out Pedro the Lion tonight at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. The Seattle-based group will be pumping out its very own version of laid-back indie rock. Opening for the band is Seldom. The show is at 9 and is all-ages. Tickets are $7 if you are over 21 and $9 if you are underage.
The International Arts Society Film Program presents "L'America" Friday night at 7:30. Directed by Gianni Amelio, this Italian film set in Albania introduces thought-provoking themes and tells the story of two carpetbaggers who attempt to make easy money. This event will be held in the Modern Languages building auditorium and is free and open to the public.
Tucson's very own Nick Luca Trio and Boston-based group Cactus Highway perform together on Friday night from 7 to 10 p.m. Come to Bookman's, 6230 E. Speedway Blvd., to hear this blend of jazz and folk music. The performance is free. For more information, call Colin Waite at 748-9555.
Turning Point performs on Friday night at Backstage Sports Grill, 6350 E. Tanque Verde Road. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. Also performing will be Bear, who was the People's Choice guitar soloist this year. Call 327-2214 for prices and other details.
Navajo flutist Vince Redhouse will be at Borders Books and Music, 5870 E. Broadway Blvd., on Friday night from 7 until 8:30. He will be performing songs from his latest CD, Sacred Season. This event is free. For more information, call Colleen at 584-0111.
Check out the Kinghorn Duo Recital on Friday night from 8 until 9:15 p.m. This husband and wife piano-vocal duet will be performing the music of Mozart, Barber and other famous composers. A $5 donation is suggested for this event, which will be held at Recital Hall, 2202 W. Anklam Road. Call Leigh Ann at 206-6986 for more details.
For some food, drink and dancing come, to El Charro CafÄ, 6310 E. Broadway Blvd., on Friday night starting at 9. Descarga will be performing live on the new patio. For more information, call Ray at 745-1922.
Music group Altar Echo will be at Bookman's, 6230 E. Speedway Blvd., on Saturday from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. To hear this mellow international pop group, show up at this free event. For more details call Colin Waite at 748-9555.
Joe Bonamassa will be rocking out on Monday at the Backstage Sports Grill, 6350 E. Tanque Verde Road. This guitarist will be playing his original version of blues. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show begins at 8 p.m. The cost is $5. For more details, call 733-6262.
The Sonora Winds will be performing on Wednesday night from 7:30 until 9. The ensemble will play music by Berlioz, Moussorgsky and Stravinsky. This free event can be heard at the Tucson Symphony Center, 2175 N. Sixth Ave. For more information, call Robin Leebardt at 514-2757.