By Lindsay Walker
Arizona Daily Wildcat
Thursday January 16, 2003
· Atomic 7 Gowns by Edith Head (Mint)
· Arrivals Exsenator Orange (Thick)
· BrokebackLooks at Birds (Thrill Jockey)
· Richard BucknerRichard Buckner (reissue; Overcoat)
· Cabaret Voltaire Live at the Hacienda 83/86 (Cherry Red)*
· Cargo CultStrange Men Bearing Gifts (Touch & Go)
· Clean Anthology (2xCD; Merge)
· CuicaCity to City (Ubiquity)
· Dance Disaster MovementWe are from Nowhere (Dim Mak)
· Defisis & Infinite Livez Earth Time EP (Big Dada/Ninja Tune)
· Delgados Hate (Mantra/Beggars Banquet)
· Earlimart Avenues EP (Palm)
· Future Bible Heroes The Lonely Robot EP (Instinct)
· Gang of Four Hard/Solid Gold (reissue; Wounded Bird)
· Marvin Gaye North American Tour (Universe)
· Jeff Hanson Son (Kill Rock Stars)
· Happy Apple Youth Oriented (Sunny Side)
· HolopawHolopaw (Sub Pop)
· Int'l Noise Conspiracy Bigger Cages, Longer Chains EP (Epitaph)
· John & Spencer Booze ExplosionEP (Tiger Style)
· Lemon Jelly Nice Weather For Ducks EP (XL) *
· Bob Log IIILog Bomb (reissue; Fat Possum)
· Angus MacliseAstral Collapse (Locust)
· Mendoza Line If They Knew This Was the End (Bar/None)
· Microphones Mt. Eerie (K)
· Dorine Muraille Mani (Fat Cat)
· New Order International (Warner Bros)
· No Trend Tritonian Nash (Touch & Go)
· Bob Ostertag Say No More Vol. 3 & 4 (Seeland)
· Papa M/Entrance Split 7" (Tiger Style)
· William ParkerAnd William Danced (Ayler)
· Pretty Girls Make Graves Speakers Push the Air 7" (Dim Mak)
· Rasputina The Lost and Found (Instinct)
· Matthew Shipp Equilibrium (Thirsty Ear Blue Series)
· "A Guy Thing" (MGM)
· "National Security" (Sony)
· "Kangaroo Jack" (Warner Bros.)
· "City of God" (Miramax)
Events & Concerts
· "24 Hour Party People" (Baby Cow)
· "Critical Mass" (Mass)
· "Bloody Streetz" (Barnholtz)
· "Dinner Rush" (Entertainment Capital)
· "Disappearance" (Fireworks)
· "Harrison's Flowers" (7 Films)
· "Simone" (New Line)
· "Tadpole" (IFC)
· "The Bourne Identity" (Universal)
Amber Jade performs Friday night from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. Come hear this singer at Bookman's, 6230 E. Speedway. This concert is free and open to the public. For more information, call Colin Waite at 748-9555.
Four Shillings Short plays Friday at 8 p.m. This duo will perform their experimental mix of Celtic and folk music at the Sonora Cohousing Common House, 501 E. Roger Rd. The cost is a $12 suggested donation. For more details, call Becky Nankivell at 293-3783.
Come celebrate Rich Hopkin's 15th anniversary of his indie record label, San Jacinto Records, on Friday night at 9. Artists, including Felipe Jarra de Mexico, Happiness, The Gorman Brothers, Stefan George and the Woodcocks, will be performing for this event. The concert will take place at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. For prices and more details, call 622-8848.
If you like mariachi music, check out Los Changuitos Feos de Tucson on Saturday beginning at 4 p.m. The group will be performing at Bookman's, 1930 E. Grant Rd. For more information, call Chris Stead at 325-5767.
The Tucson Poetry Speak and Sell takes place Saturday from noon until 5 p.m. Come see local poets perform their works and sell homemade books of poems. This event will occur at Bookman's, 6230 E. Speedway. Call Colin Waite at 748-9555 for more information.
Cal Productions presents Aimee Mann on Tuesday night at the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. The show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $17 in advance and $20 the day of the show. For more information, call 740-0126.
Steve Earle and the Dukes perform Wednesday night at the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the concert begins at 8 p.m. with the performance of Garrison. Tickets are $17 in advance and $20 the day of the show. For more information, call 740-0126.