Arizona Daily Wildcat
Illustration by Arnulfo Bermudez
Friday March 28, 2003
· One-fifth of all dogs have arthritis.
· After a fight broke out on $1 hot dog night, the Minnesota Twins limited each fan to only five hot dogs.
· Ted Martin spent nine hours kicking a Hacky Sack a record 63,326 times without a miss.
· There is a Starbucks in China's Forbidden City.
· "Dicks of America" is a United States organization founded to popularize the name Dick.
· In Tehran, it is illegal for men to wear neckties to work.
· In order to secure a PG-13 rating for "Legally Blonde," the director was forced to cut the word "wiener."
· Alabaman Barney Cobb was convicted of smacking his wife on the head with a Chihuahua in 1983.
· 4Tom Brokaw was the only network news anchor to be on the scene when the Berlin Wall came down on Nov. 9, 1989.
· Spain offers the most universities in Europe.
· Monica Lewinsky took out a 1997 Valentine's Day ad in The Washington Post under the pseudonym "M." The ad was addressed to "Handsome."
· Pizza Hut delivered the first "space-consumable" pizza to the International Space Station in 2001.
· A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
· The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.