Arizona Daily Wildcat
Illustration by H. Arthur
Thursday March 6, 2003
· Kermit the Frog has 11 points on the collar around his neck.
· In every deck of cards, the King of Hearts is sticking his sword through his head. This is why he's often called the Suicide King.
· "Alma mater" means bountiful mother.
· The slogan on New Hampshire license plates is "Live Free or Die." They are manufactured by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.
· The brain in a developing fetus grows by about 250,000 cells per minute.
· Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
· Research indicates that mosquitoes are attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas.
· The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
· John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
· More lime-flavored Jell-O is consumed in Salt Lake City, Utah than any other place on Earth.
· Goodyear Co. researched and concluded that shoes wear out faster on the right foot than the left.
· Bamboo can grow three feet in 24 hours.
· It takes about 142.18 licks to reach the center of a tootsie pop.
· Armadillos are the only animals besides human beings that can get leprosy.