Arizona Daily Wildcat
Thursday February 6, 2003
· 50 Cent Get Rich or Die Tryin' (Aftermath)
· Absin the Blind Rings (Mud/Parasol)
· The Aislers Set How I Learned to Write Backwards (Suicide)
· All Night All Night (Tee Pee/Rubric)
· The Bad Plus These Are the Vistas (Columbia)
· Baka Beyond East to West (Narada World)
· Kenny Brown Genuine Stingray (Fat Possum)
· Karan Casey Distant Shore (Shanachie)
· Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Nocturama (Anti/Epitaph)
· Daniel Crommie Creatures of Habit Soundscapes (New Weave)
· DJ Envy The Desert Storm Mixtape ... (Desert Storm)
· DJ Krush Shinsou The Message at the Depth (Red Ink)
· Duke 21st Century Man (Ice)
· Tim Easton Break Your Mother's Heart (New West)
· Stace England Lovey Dovey All the Time (Gnashville Sounds)
· Fabulous Disaster Panty Raid (Pink & Black)
· Feenom Circle Souled Separately (Melatone)
· Five Way Friday Wrecked (The Redeye Label)
· Matt Flinner Quartet Walking on the Moon (Compass)
· Further Seems Forever How to Start a Fire (Tooth & Nail)
· Jeffrey Gaines Toward the Sun (Artemis)
· GangStarr The Ownerz (Virgin)
· God Dethroned Into the Lungs of Hell (Metal Blade)
· Daryl Hall & John Oates Do It for Love (U-Watch)
· John Hammond Ready for Love (Back Porch)
· Stefon Harris The Grand Unification Theory (Blue Note)
· JoJo Hermann Defector (Fat Possum)
· Holland Photographs & Tidal Waves (Tooth & Nail)
· Pumpkinhead A Beautiful Mind (Third Earth)
· Rapture Songs for the Withering (Century Media)
· Socialburn Where You Are (Elektra)
· Strapping Young Lads SYL (Century Media)
· Supergrass Life on Other Planets (Island)
· "Shanghai Knights" (Buena Vista)
· "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" (Paramount)
· "Deliver Us from Eva" (Focus)
· "May" (Lions Gate)
· "The Lawless Heart" (First Look)
· "8 Women" (BIM)
· "Atanarjuat the Fast Runner" (Aboriginal Peoples)
· "Brown Sugar" (Evergreen)
· "Charms for the Easy Life" (Showtime)
· "Diamond Men" (Lions Gate)
· "Full Frontal" (Miramax)
· "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (Gold Circle)
· "Possession" (Warner Bros)
· "Swept Away" (SKA)
· "Wasabi" (K2)
· "Women vs. Men (MGM)
Come hear Stefan George and Lavinia perform for the Tucson Songwriter Showcase Concert Series. This free event is tonight from 7:30 until 9:30 at the Hazy Dayz Lounge Cafe, 187 N. Park Ave. Lindianne Sorno makes a guest appearance. For more information, call Hank Childers at 603-6063.
The Stellas perform four nights in a row beginning tonight from 11-1 at the Vaudeville Cabaret, 110 E. Congress St. The group was voted Tucson's Second Best Pop Band. For details, call 622-3535.
Joe Satriani plays tonight at the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St. at 8. The tickets are $33 in advance. This concert continues The Strange Beautiful Tour. For more information, call 740-0126.
Navajo flutist Vince Redhouse plays Friday night from 7 until 8:30. The performer's albums have been nominated for Grammys. The concert occurs at Borders, 4235 N. Oracle Rd. For more details, call 292-1333.
Come to Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St., to hear Cappadonna perform Friday night at 9. Also playing are Inspektah Deck, Killah Priest, and Remedy. This event is $10 in advance. For more information, call 622-8848.
To hear the sounds of Rat Dog, come to the Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St., on Friday night. The event begins at 8 p.m. and costs $20 in advance. For details, call 740-0126.
If you like romantic classical music, come hear the ensemble Napoli Canta perform its Italian repertoire on Saturday. This free event takes place at Bookman's, 1930 E. Grant Rd., from 12:30 p.m. until 2 p.m. For more information, call Chris Stead at 325-5767.
The Philharmonia Orchestra of Tucson performs Saturday at 11:30 a.m. This group will showcase its winter concert selection and feature violinist Nora Evans-Reitz. This free event will occur at the Armory Park Center, 220 S. Fifth Ave. For more details, call 623-1550.
Compiled by Lindsay Walker