Arizona Daily Wildcat
Wednesday February 19, 2003
· If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
Illustration by H. Arthur
· Women blink nearly twice as much as men do.
· The average human eats eight spiders at night in his or her lifetime.
· A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
· ╬Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
· Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and "bump."
· If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white.
· Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
· The dot over the letter "i" is called a ╬tittle.'
· A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
· A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
· On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
· Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
· By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
· Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
· Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
· The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the most frequently stolen book from public libraries.
· Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
· The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
· Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the U.S. Treasury.
· Alaska is the state with the highest percentage of people who walk to work.