Arizona Daily Wildcat
Friday, September 10, 2004
Quotes from around campus and around the world
"Students at the University of Arizona stand in solidarity with all student voters in defending their right to vote in their college communities and have their voices heard."
- Kelly Kraus, president of the Network of Feminist Student Activists, on the right of out-of-state students to register to vote in Arizona.
"This is something they are stealing away from students."
- Steven Eddy, ASUA senator, on the cancellation of the December university-wide graduation ceremony.
"We worked so hard and gave so much to this institute. Please do something."
- Celeste Oros, psychology senior, to the ASUA senators appealing for their voice in bringing back the December graduation ceremony. She will be the first in her family to graduate college.
It almost seems like we've got a 'kick me' sign on the state here.|
- Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center in Miami, after Florida was hit by Hurricane Frances, the second hurricane in two months
"This is not aimed at creating controversy. This is just what the students want to see."
- T.J. Willis, Gallagher Theater manager, on the opening of "Fahrenheit 9/11" on the weekend anniversary of Sept. 11.
"I'll be happy when that newness wears off because it's not about the individual talent. As we talk about every day, it's playing well as a team."
- Mike Stoops, Arizona football head coach, after the 21-3 season-opening victory last Saturday over NAU.