Arizona Daily Wildcat
Friday, October 8, 2004
Quotes from around campus and the world
"Nobody really tells you what's going on when you're a freshman. You have to go out there and find out yourself."
- Geoff Balon, psychology freshman, about programs like the Meet Your Major Fair that took place in the Student Union Memorial Center Ballroom Wednesday
"I know there had to be some administrative cooperation here. Michael Moore is anti-American, anti-Semitic ... he is offending my Jewish Republican friends."
- Deanna Smith, a four-year Tucson resident, complaining about the ASUA decision to have Michael Moore speak at the UA
I bother myself to go to school because I want something out of it. I know I have this opportunity so I want to use it.|
- Peter Ayuen, political science junior and Lost Boy of Sudan
"I spent a lot of hours responding to e-mail this weekend."
- President Peter Likins on the status of his inbox due to complaints about the ASUA decision to have Michael Moore speak at the UA
"Mr. Vice President, I don't think the country can take four more years of this type of experience."
- Sen. John Edwards to Vice President Dick Cheney during the Tuesday debate
"If they couldn't stand up to pressures that Howard Dean represented, how can we expect them to stand up to al-Qaida?"
- Vice President Dick Cheney saying that Sen. Kerry and Sen. Edwards have flip-flopped on issues due to pressures from the Democratic primary campaign
"I don't think it should be on the shelf like cough syrup. It should be something behind the counter so you could get counseling from a pharmacist."
- Kim Birmingham, Campus Health Center pharmacist, on the $20 emergency contraception available at the Campus Health Center