By Marc Viscardi
Arizona Daily Wildcat
Wednesday February 26, 2002
· Only humans and horses have hymens.
· The word "set" has more definitions than any other word in the English language.
· The state with the longest coastline in the United States is Michigan.
· "Pulp Fiction" cost $8 million to make ÷ $5 million going to actors' salaries.
· "Underground" is the only English word that begins and ends with the letters "u," "n and "d."
· The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.
· A full 7 percent of the entire Irish barley crop goes to the production of Guinness beer.
· If you toss a penny 10,000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times, but more like 4950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.
· The housefly hums in the middle octave, key of F.
· Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula," and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
· A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
· Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
· In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
· "Facetious" and "abstemious" contain all the vowels in the correct order.
· The Pez head based on a real person was Betsy Ross.
· A quarter has 119 grooves around the edge.
· A dime has 118 grooves around the edge.