Arizona Daily Wildcat
Friday, September 3, 2004
Quotes from around campus and the world
"I probably needed to be more articulate."
- President George Bush on the Rush Limbaugh Show, explaining his previous comments on the war on terror and that he didn't really mean, "I don't think that you can win it."
"To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say: 'Don't be economic girlie men!'"
- California Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger poking fun at himself at the Republican National Convention.
"If you start a fight here, you start a fight with everyone."
- Josh Flannigan, architecture senior and bartender at No Anchovies, on liberal arts freshman Jacob Ochoa being pursued and tackled by No Anchovies employees after shooting a patron on the patio.
I still hate driving on Grant.|
- Amber Hanson, biochemistry freshman, on the termination of the East Grant Road reversible lane.
"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."
- Kobe Bryant on his alleged rape victim, after the criminal case against him collapsed this week.
"When I saw the man who was jumping on me I was scared ... I don't know if I would have won, but things would have been different."
- Vanderlei de Lima of Brazil after the men's Olympic marathon in Athens. De Lima was leading the race three miles from the finish, when he was assaulted by Cornelius Horan, a defrocked Irish priest wearing a red kilt, green beret and matching knee-high socks.