By Marc Viscardi
Arizona Daily Wildcat
Monday March 24, 2003
· There were 43,687 toilet-related accidents in the United States in 1996.
· Business.com is the most expensive domain name. It was sold for $7.5 million.
· Cleveland is the home of the first traffic light. It was put into effect on August 5, 1914.
· The average amount of a gift certificate purchase is $65.
· Oil tycoon John D. Rockefeller was the world's first billionaire.
· The largest employer in the world is the railway system in India, which employs over one million people.
· There were 13 couples celebrating their honeymoon on the Titanic.
· Miss Piggy's measurements are 27-20-36.
· Wyoming was first state to give women the right to vote.
· Cases that involve automobiles take up more than half of the time spent in United States courts.
· If you were to bend all the tubing of the French horn into one long tube, it would stretch over 12 feet.
· The famous bullfighter Lagarijo killed 4,867 bulls in the 19th century.
· Serving ice cream on cherry pie was once illegal in Kansas.
· Toronto was the first city in the world with a computerized traffic signal system.
· A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks.
· The average person falls asleep in seven seconds.
· Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson."